I have an idea...

Library Improvements II

Expanding on what Merril suggested regarding the Library and the UI, a different way to post things in For Review.

When you create a new thread to post a story, there's not only the normal text field, but a form, which includes fields like Category, Rating, Summary, Pairing, etc., which you *must* fill out to post the thread. What you have entered then automatically becomes the header you currently have to write yourself. The text field is only there for your opinion and the maybe the rating.

With this submit mask, all threads will have a minimum standard, even if some new guy hasn't read the Posting Format Sticky.

Furthermore, since it's submitted through a form, there's a chance to save it as specific attributes of this particular thread in some way and display them like Merril suggested. Maybe some of the fields could be drop-down boxes where you can only select things (e.g. Rating), and thus, since the same rating always gets the same name, you could save the attribute through a tag, which is automatically created, making it possible to look at all fics with the same rating at a glance, use the tag to create a thread icon, ...

I'm sure there are other ways to implement it, though. The basic idea is to assign specific attributes to story threads, and to make sure all Library (and WbA?) threads *have* those attributes.

20 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Sesc shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  AdminLord Ravenclaw (Administrator, Dark Lord Potter) responded  · 

This is definitely on my TODO list, removing the barrier to posting stories and standardizing / updating the metadata format.

I’d also like to change up the view to pull in more updated information from the DLP API now that it’s available. Again, working on it.

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base